Congratulations! You’re on your way of becoming a professional teacher. Let’s make your journey official by starting off with the first and most important phase of the process – registration.
Although the steps have been the same from the previous years, there’s no harm in reviewing the requirements and online registration guide for PRC LET Application 2019. It can save you from missing requirements, possible issues, and unwanted woes. LET takers of the past years had several reactions regarding the whole process. Some find it quite daunting while others proclaim it to be hassle-free. You may have a totally unique experience too.
This inconsistency urges you to acquire full awareness of the process. We also provided you some tips at the last section of the article. But before the “friendly” reminders, let’s take a look at the requirements.
Kindly secure the following:
- NSO (PSA) Birth Certificate. Just in case you need to get a copy of your birth certificate, you may get it from SM Business Center too. It will take 4-6 business days for claiming.
- NSO (PSA) Marriage Contract for female married applicants. This is a must. There are some applicants I knew who had problems registering because they forgot to bring their marriage contract.
- Graduate of BSEED (for elementary teachers) and BSED with major and minor degrees (for secondary teachers). For secondary teachers, a bachelor’s degree with at least 18 units of education is required.
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and Remarks “For Board Examination Purposes” (First Timer & Repeater). Coordinate with your school for the fast release of TOR. For those who just completed 18 units, request for a TOR asap to avoid any delays.
- Payment of 900php. You may want to bring additional allowance for unexpected expenses like photocopy, documentary stamp, and others once you’re in PRC.
- Printed Appointment Schedule. Obtain this after a successful registration at PRC.
Follow these steps for online registration:
- Visit https://online.prc.gov.ph/. On the left side, you will see the services offered by LERIS (Licensure Examination and Registration Information System). Please note that you can use this account not only for exam application but also for renewal of license (soon).
- On the right side, click register for new accounts. Fill-out basic information such as name, birthdate, e-mail address, and password. If your name has a suffix such as JR, do not forget to put it to avoid any problems in the future.
- Once successful, log-in and complete the details required such as contact information, mother’s name, employment, and other details.
- Prepare a soft copy of 2×2 ID picture. Applicants must wear a professional attire with collar with white background. Choose a decent photo as this will be used on your license soon.
- After uploading the image, enter the details such as the type of examination (professional teacher), examination type (first-timer or repeater), date and place of examination, LET level, school, and year graduated. For 18 unit earners, kindly put the year of graduation for bachelor’s degree.
- You will be redirected to the appointment schedule tab. Choose the branch and make sure there is a slot. Take note of the date of the schedule. Click proceed.
- Choose the payment method. Your options include: PRC Cashier, Landbank ATM Cards, GCash, Bancnet Members, and UCPB over-the-counter channel.
- Click proceed and you will be given a reference number to be used for payment. Please note that the posting of payment takes 2-3 banking days. Be sure to pay it immediately or 4 days before the schedule of appointment to avoid any inconvenience in the future.
- Always bring a pen and a pencil with you.
- If you have documentary stamps available at home, bring them. In 2014, we were asked to buy a documentary stamp. I’m not certain if this is still applicable but there’s no harm in trying.
- Make sure to bring enough (or probably more than needed) photocopies of your requirements and valid ID. It’s inconvenient to go out just to find out that you’re missing any document.
- Bring food, water, books, power bank, and other stuff to entertain you. The queue might be long but this depends on the branch.
- Smile and be friends with other future teachers. Honestly, I met some wonderful friends while waiting in the line. We discussed various topics on teaching, reviewing, and others. This was my favorite part.
After registering, what should I do next?
Regardless if you’re finished with the registration, you have to start early doing the next step – REVIEWING.This is written on a separate post with tips and online practice test. Click here to read Tips to Pass LET: Self-review Guide.
All the best on your journey, future educators!
What did you learn today? Post your learning.
What do you want to know? Ask questions.
What do you like to contribute? Upload files here.