We all know that applying for a new Globe account is challenging! But, the story is the same for Globe contract termination requests.
If you think you can simply click for a button online and wait for 3-5 business days to complete the process, you’re wrong.
I recently requested for a Globe contract termination, and it took me almost 5 months to do so. In 2019, I only needed 2 months to complete the process. This year, the customer service representatives were not available to accommodate my requests.
Anyway, I want to share with you what I went through in case you will do the same.
My contract is new. Is it possible to request for a Globe contract termination?
YES! It’s definitely possible to cancel your subscription as long as you’re willing to pay for the penalty. This is applicable for contracts within 2 years from the approval date.
There are several reasons why you might need to cancel it.
- Transfer of Location;
- Poor internet connection;
- Unsatisfied with the current customer service; and,
- Service is not needed for the intended purpose.
Perhaps you thought you’d stay in your current address but ended up transferring to another location. So, the contract will not be needed.
Maybe, you’re tired of getting below 2MBPS speed despite having a 25MBPS contract. So, a Globe contract termination is reasonable.
You tried contacting Globe but no one wanted to help you. Here comes provider B offering too many on your table. So, you’ll grab it.
In my case, I just simply didn’t need the service because of the changes of plan. Hello, 2020!
TIP: You need to state the exact reason to the customer service representative. Otherwise, they will deem your request to terminate as invalid.
I’m ready for a Globe contract termination. What should I do?
Contact the Globe customer representatives right away. Please note that there is a specific termination team which will handle your request. I experienced being billed the next two months simply because the agent didn’t process it immediately.
Here are some ways you can get in touch with the termination team:
- Book an appointment and choose Virtual Help Pod. At this point, talking to Store representatives is not helpful. They will simply tell you that they will send an email request. They don’t have any access to termination so it’s better to choose Virtual Help Pod.
- Discuss your issue via Virtual Help Pod. It will still require you to visit a branch of yours. Unlike talking directly to store officers, you will talk to another CS representative via laptop or computer in the store. The main difference is that these CS officers have access to cancel your account.
- Send your Letter of Intent & Valid ID to email@example.com. Subject line must be your Account Number_Account Name_Service Type Request.
- Ask to be referred to a termination team agent. Once an agent calls you, keep the contact information and send the requirements via Viber.
Why shouldn’t I contact Messenger or Twitter help desk? I honestly believe that these are not useful at all. Most of the time, you will get an automated response.
I constantly requested for a Globe contract termination but everytime an agent answers my questions, he or she will only ask for account verification. There will be no reply in 2 minutes, and another chatbot will appear. Lol.
How much do I need to cancel my subscription?
If your contract is not more than 2 years old, you will need to pay for:
2,500 (standard fee) + two months of subscription + remaining bills if any.
For example, your start date is August 23, 2020. You made a request to cancel it on November 20. It was approved on November 25. If your bill is at 1,899, you have to pay for:
2,500 + 1899 (1st month) + 1899 (2nd month) + 316.50 (November 20-25) = 6,614.50
The system will generate its final bill within 3 weeks. An agent once told me that Fiber plans have 4,500 pesos penalty fee. But, I am not really sure about this.
You can pay your final bill online, or in Globe store. (PLEASE DO IT ONLINE. The Globe queue is soooo long and exhausting!)
If I request for a Globe contract termination, what issues will I encounter?
Similar to other agencies, it will always be the inconsistencies of people you’re dealing with. I suggest you deal with one reliable agent only. If you feel like he or she is not helping you, find another one.
There’s a possibility for your request to be denied, or delayed. This results in auto generation of your next bill. Be vigilant and monitor your termination request.
In your Globe One or Globe at Home application, it should disappear or become inactive once it’s terminated.
If not, your contract is still on! Better do a follow up unless you want to pay for a service you’re not using.
Other Tips to Cancel your Contract
Internet is essential so I do not see any reason why you shouldn’t have one. But if you want to escape from all the hassles, follow the tips below.
- Don’t apply for a plan if you are in a temporary address. Go for a prepaid plan especially if you’re not sure about the length of your stay.
- Ask for a reference number or termination case number. Follow up is very difficult but it will help agents to track your history.
- Transfer to another store if you think the store officers are not helpful. This should be the last option since Virtual Help Pod or Mobile Call requests are more suitable. (I, myself, transferred from Alimall branch to Trinoma.)
- Process your request at least 10 business days before your statement date.
Questions? Comment below.
Please note that this was based on my original experience back in 2020. For those sharing their stories in the comment section, thank you so much! My experience might be different from yours. 🙂